Sunday, June 17, 2012

Anastasis


On Monday May 21st, 2012 we had a miscarriage in the evening. I was in my second trimester. We were looking forward to announcing our exciting news and we were slowly doing so, but with our last miscarriage, in 2009, at 15 weeks, we were announcing it even slower than perhaps we might have otherwise. So now it is with sadness that I tell briefly to our family and friends, that yes we were expecting and yes the baby is now with our Lord. I lost a lot of blood and even had a blood transfusion. We named the baby Anastasis, which is Greek for“Resurrection”. Our child was a little boy and we had the burial on Saturday, May 26th, 2012 in a small country church cemetery. We are thankful he has laid to rest peacefully. I’ve missed more church the last while than I have in my whole life, due to Basil being sick a while ago and then myself being sick and then losing this baby. I feel it is good for people to know what we have gone through, because it's been such a huge part of our life.


Basil was really excited to be a big brother and he still is a big brother, just not the way he was looking forward to. We now have 3 children: 1 on earth and 2 in heaven. I guess Seraphim, our other son who was already up in Heaven, now has a sibling there with him and I find comfort in that. Please pray that our Anastasis’ Memory will be Eternal! We will never forget him. We loved him dearly, still do and always will. His life was such a joy and blessing to us. We are sad, but thankful for how precious life is.
An icon by Fr. Vladimir Lysak that we had made after the passing of our son Seraphim.


Strange how every experience is so different. After losing Seraphim, I felt more despair than this time around. Although I have great sadness, I also feel a renewed thankfulness for life and feel blessed to live. Please don't feel too sad for us, but rather remain hopeful with us in the Resurrection. Memory Eternal little Anastasis!

7 comments:

  1. oh. So sorry to hear this Krista. Memory Eternal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear this sad news, sending you love & hope, norah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad & sorry to hear this, Krista. Such lovely names! Love & hugs to you, Matthew, & Basil xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ideally, this note would take you in its arms...

    so much love and love and love from us. the jordans. we miss you. all of you.

    all five of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Memory Eternal, little Anastasis! The list of littles to meet in the Resurrection keeps growing. Much to grieve, but much to look forward to as well. My love to all five of you - glad to see you writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Memory Eternal! We will continue to pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete