Monday, June 18, 2012

Synaxis of Remembrance

Lost what I thought I had
gained what I had not.
In the process
lost myself,
but not all that I knew.

When this took place
did time stand still
and take pity on my circumstance?

No! Time went on
and life around me
surrounded me,
even though a life
I had lost.

All has not been forgot
and never will completely,
for that soul
has played an important role
and it’s a part of what completes me.

The seed
planted within
grew up precious from the start.

I grieve
that not everyone
got to participate
in this precious life,
but now he gets
to participate
with the angels.
In worship.

He got a one way ticket
just a few months in,
but his passport
is still.
Stamped with Love.

Love so intense
if another could sense it,
they would likely cry a river
along with me in my sea.

I ask why sometimes
and know I’ll get no answer.
Even when there may be one
or two or three or four,
there is no verbal word
of consolation
from my expectations.
Deep within and far without.

How do people go on
when they lose a loved one?
Life goes on around us,
but life within our hearts
does not.

Perhaps there is always
a part of our heart
that will never move again,
but rather stands still
in the synaxis of remembrance
and love
sent from above
not as an answer
but as a comforter.

Nurture the part of the heart
that moves on
with the outer life that does too,
so that participation in life is your gift
to the life lost.

Nurture also the part of the heart
that stands still
and ceases to move,
there you’ll find
that love is growing
as you continue to love.

So I will not delay.
I remain hopeful
that day of meeting
is around the mountain,
that with faith, takes
only a mustard seed to move.

Written Saturday, June 16th 2012


2 comments: