Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We'll be right on time

Is it our gifts
that define us?
Or what we give
that intertwines
the circumstance
of our lives?

In making sense
of it all
I climbed a ladder
so tall
it almost took me
to heaven and back,
but not quite.

With all my might
I lifted
the weight
right off your shoulders
and you felt alright
Once again
at least for now

You're my today
I'm your tomorrow
and that's the way
it's always been

You live and act
in the present
and I'm procrastinating
into the future
where
Somewhere
our worlds collide
to become the fullness
of time

Spare me a moment
of yours
and I'll tell you
the secret of time
has no rhyme or reason
that we can see
at least in this season
of our lives

Somehow at the meeting place
when the clock
strikes with precision
we will know
that the time is now
and act in unison
unaware
that we even share
a moment
in time
until it's almost gone

Realize
that time is on our side
and don't work against it
Keep climbing that ladder
I'll take the stairs
and meet you there.

Don't worry,
We'll be right on time...

Written on June 18, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment